Basic Grade Physiotherapist Ref: EIJB1433
Would you like to work for a great employer?
Enable Ireland is an organisation that makes a real difference to the lives of children and adults with disabilities in Ireland, and is named as one of Ireland's Irish Independent 150 Best Employers 2023
We are currently seeking a highly-motivated Staff Grade Physiotherapist to join our team in Kilkenny Children’s Service CDNT3
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary Scale: €39,993 to €53,279 pro rata per annum
“This pay scale is subject to increases in 2024 in accordance with the recent WRC interim agreement (Ref CAM -100101-22) towards enhanced pay adjustments in Section 39 organisations.”
To work as a staff grade Physiotherapist therapist, as a member of the children’s disability network team in Network 3, providing a quality, evidence based service to children and young people 0 – 18 years within an interdisciplinary framework and family centred practice and to support other staff and students as assigned.
• Collaborate with the child / young person while working in partnership with their parent/family/carer and all other relevant stakeholders to identify and achieve goals.
• Demonstrates sufficient clinical skills in assessment and intervention to meet the specific needs of the relevant caseload
• Form strong positive working relationships across all areas of the service, builds on a common understanding.
• To work in collaboration with the other members of the interdisciplinary team in the planning and delivery of services for children and young people, in particular in the development of child and family centred planning.
• Plans and organises individual and group caseloads, to include assessments, interventions and diagnosis for children (0 – 18 years) with a range of significant complex needs, and may include physical, sensory, learning disabilities, developmental delay and autism.
• Demonstrates a sound understanding of administrative practice and protocol in decisions.
• Provide a Physiotherapy service to include assessment and intervention and ongoing service delivery to children with a range of complex needs.
• Works as part of an inter-disciplinary team.
• Builds credibility and portrays the profession/service in a positive light by being professional and well informed.
• Candidate must hold a full driving license.
• Holds an appropriate and effective set of professional values and beliefs and behaves in line with professional standards as set down by Enable Ireland, the Network Disability Team partnership and relevant professional bodies.
The successful candidate will have:
• A recognised validated University Degree or Diploma or an equivalent qualification in Physiotherapy.
• Have a qualification that has been approved by the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapy
• Be eligible to work in the state.
• Registered with CORU National Physiotherapists Registration Board
• Full Drivers Licence with access to own transport
• Previous experience in the area of disability
• Experience of working with children and families in a community based setting.
• Broad knowledge of Enable Ireland Services.
If you feel you would fit the role then please submit your application today.
Applications must be made on the Enable Ireland application form only. CV’s will not be accepted.
To apply, please download the job description, person specification and application form below and forward completed applications to Ellen Murray by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enable Ireland welcomes applications from candidates who will be eligible for Professional Registration in the coming months. In the event that candidates are considered for appointment pending their Professional Registration, they may initially be appointed to an assistant grade post.
Closing date for applications: 15th March 2024
Interview Date: TBC
A panel will be formed from this vacancy for any similar vacancies, which may arise during the next 12 months.
• The post will be subject to reference checks and may be subject to Garda vetting/police clearance, as relevant.
• Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to applicants who are not shortlisted for interview.
• Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants from all sections of the community.
• The above information serves only as a guide to the advertised position. Enable Ireland, at its discretion, reserves the right to change this prior to appointment.
• Please review the Enable Ireland’s External Data Protection Notice available at https://www.enableireland.ie/privacy-policy for details on how Enable Ireland processes applicant’s personal information. Please note if you are invited for interview, we will share your personal data with: 1) Any virtual service provider we use to host the interview; and 2) the interview panel (if applicable). Your information will be stored for this purpose in line with our retention policy.