Enable Ireland Disability Services is a registered charity in Ireland (Registered Company No. 13909, Registered Charity No. 20006617 and CHY No. 4908)
We are a company limited by guarantee with charitable status. A non-executive Board of Directors is appointed in accordance with the organisation’s Memorandum & Articles of Association and Company Law to discharge corporate responsibilities. There are also specific responsibilities under the Health Act 2004, Disability Legislation 2005, and the Charities Act . The primary focus of the Board of Enable Ireland is effective and efficient governance in compliance with statutory and legal obligations.
Enable Ireland is a member of the Charities Institute Ireland (Cii). We are very proud to have been awarded “Triple Lock” status by the Cii, demonstrating our commitment to best practice in all aspects of transparent reporting, ethical fundraising and good governance.
We are listed on the Charities Regulatory Authority’s Register of Charities (Charity Reg. No 20006617).
Michael D. Higgins, President of Ireland is our patron.
Directors are appointed to the Board either at a General Meeting or through co-option by the Board. The membership of the Board reflects the person-centred ethos of the organisation, comprising members, service users, parents and business representatives.
The Board of Directors of Enable Ireland, whilst all volunteers, presents a balanced combination of stakeholders, volunteers and non-executive, business and professional individuals. Acting collectively they must ensure the organisation delivers what it was set up to achieve, upholds its values, remains solvent and is properly managed.
All our finances, including detailed accounts, breakdowns of where money goes and salary information is published in our Annual Reports.
We adhere to and implement the following codes:
- Republic of Ireland Charities Act
- SORP (Statement of Recommended Practice) for accounting and reporting practice
- We are compliant with The Charities Governance Code from the Charities Regulator
- Charities Institute Ireland Fundraising Codes of Good Practice
- Internal Financial Controls Guidelines for Charities from the Charities Regulator
- Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public from the Charities Regulator
- Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA)