Find out how to submit a Freedom of Information (FOI) request to Enable Ireland.
Enable Ireland Disability Services comes under the remit of the Freedom of Information Act (FOI). FOI requires government departments, the Health Service Executive, local authorities and other statutory agencies to publish information on their activities and to make personal information available to its clients.
In addition, the Freedom of Information Act establishes the legal right for a person to
- Access information held by public bodies and government departments
- Have official information relating to himself/herself amended where it is incomplete, incorrect or misleading
- Obtain reasons for decisions affecting himself/herself
The Citizens Information Board has more information about the workings of the Freedom of Information Act.
- You must make a request in writing
- You must state that the request is being made under the Freedom of Information Act 2014.
- You must state clearly the exact records/information being requested, supplying as much detail (i.e. service location, dates of treatment etc) as possible.
- You must state clearly the manner in which access is sought, for example, to view the original in an Enable Ireland location or to receive photocopies of the original, hear / view audiovisual record, obtain a copy of a computer disk or other electronic device etc.
- Supply proof of identity in the case of personal information.
- We will accept requests by letter, fax, or e-mail
- E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax – 353 (0)1 8665222
Address – 32F Rosemount Park Drive, Rosemount Business Park, Ballycoolin Road, Dublin 11
- You will receive an acknowledgment of the request within 10 working days.
- We will issue a decision to you within 20 working days upon receipt of the request.
- Notification will be sent to you, if an extension is necessary to facilitate the completion of the request.
- If you are unhappy with the decision made you may send an appeal to the Internal Reviewer, named in the Decision Letter. This review is independent of the initial Decision Maker’s decision.
- Acknowledgment of receipt of the appeal will be sent to you within 5 working days.
- A completed decision on your appeal will be sent to you within 15 working days.
If you are unhappy with the Internal Reviewer’s decision you may appeal directly to the Information Commissioner where an independent review of the matter will be carried out